Role: Solicitor and Registered Trade Mark Attorney
Steve is a Solicitor and Partner at Palmer Biggs IP, a law firm he established in 2006.
Steve originally trained and qualified at London based Willoughby & Partners Solicitors (the UK legal arm of international IP firm Rouse). He then went on to run the IP department at commercial law firm Rawlison Butler Solicitors (now incorporated into DMH Stallard).
With 25 years of IP experience, Steve has been consistently ranked in leading directories, including Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners. He specialises in trade mark and design litigation, dispute resolution. He also specialises in portfolio handling, clearance, prosecution and contentious matters, with a particular focus on trade marks and designs.
He has worked with a wide variety of clients, ranging from automotive, household names, fashion labels, information technology, pop stars, television ‘format’ owners, e-commerce, media and sponsorship, luxury goods owners, construction, retail and travel industries.
Steve is also the Co-author of the UK section of the international practitioner’s handbook ‘Domain Name Law and Practice’ by Oxford University Press.
- Solicitor of England and Wales
- Chartered Registered Trade Mark Attorney, UK
- Czech Arbitration Court – Domain Name panellist / expert (UDRP and .eu)
- University of Bristol - Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property law
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva - Certificate in Intellectual Property law
- College of Law, London - Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- College of Law, London - Post Graduate Diploma in Law
- Chartered Institute of Marketing – Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing
- Université d’Aix-Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, France – Industrial Export Studies
- Law Society of England and Wales
- CITMA (Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys)
- ECTA ( European Communities Trade Mark Association)
- FAST (Federation Against Software Theft)
- ACG (The Anti-Counterfeiting Group)
- FCIM (Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing)
Awards / Testimonials
- Leading Individual / Top tier IP law firm – Legal 500 (South East UK), 2023 edition
- Recommended lawyer / Band 1 law firm for IP – Chambers & Partners (South, UK), 2023 edition
- Ranked as an expert IP lawyer - WTR1000 (current)
“The ‘exceptional‘ Steve Palmer leads the team at Palmer Biggs IP, Solicitors which covers the whole range of IP and advises primarily clients in the retail, fashion, luxury, automotive, and technology sectors.” Legal 500 (2023 edition)
“Steve Palmer is an extremely well-regarded expert in intellectual property. He has supported high profile clients in addressing all of their IP protection and enforcement needs for many years, and consistently goes the extra mile for his clients, developing strong working relationships and delivering exceptional, personalised support as a result. He has developed a fantastic team who all share his passion, commitment and drive to achieve the best results for their clients. It is a pleasure working with Steve and I will continue to recommend his firm to any company looking for support with any intellectual property matters in the UK.” Legal 500 (2022 edition)
“Steve Palmer is very bright and excellent with clients, with strong commercial sense” Legal 500