Lara is a Solicitor at Palmer Biggs IP.
Lara worked at DMH Stallard Solicitors for 6 years where she trained and qualified as a Solicitor (2002) following which she gained 4 years’ experience in DMH’s IP litigation department. Lara then moved to the IP department of top South African law firm Webber Wentzel in 2007, initially as Senior Associate and then as Partner, before moving to PBIP Solicitors.
Lara has many years’ experience in contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters, including:
- conducting trade mark searches, filings, prosecutions, oppositions, renewals and cancellations and generally managing trade mark portfolios for clients on a local and international level
- providing opinions on IP strategy, protection and transactions
- advising on and handling trade mark infringements, and matters involving passing off, unfair competition and breach of confidential information
- also advising on design right infringements and copyright infringements
- handling advertising code complaints, domain name disputes and company name disputes
- conducting IP due diligences during mergers and acquisitions
- conducting IP audits
- negotiating and drafting various types of IP related contracts.
Lara is a member of the Law Society of England & Wales and is also registered as an established lawyer on the register of lawyers in Italy.
Lara is fluent in English, Italian and German.
- PgDip: Legal Practice Course (LPC), 1999 – 2000: College of Law, Guildford, UK
- Degree: LLB (Hons) Law, 1994 – 1998: University of Sussex, UK
- Law Society of England and Wales
- ACG (The Anti-Counterfeiting Group)
- FAST (Federation Against Software Theft)