Lara is a Solicitor at Palmer Biggs IP.
Lara initially worked at DMH Stallard Solicitors for 6 years where she initially trained for two years before qualifying as a Solicitor in 2002 and specialising as an IP litigator in DMH’s IP litigation department where she worked for the next four years. In 2007 Lara joined the IP department of Cape Town based law firm Mallinicks before moving to top South African law firm Webber Wentzel in 2008, initially as Senior Associate and then as Director (Partner), before joining PBIP Solicitors as a solicitor in June 2021.
Lara has many years’ experience in contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters, including:
- conducting trade mark searches, filings, prosecutions, oppositions, renewals and cancellations and generally managing trade mark portfolios for clients on a local and international level
- providing opinions on IP strategy, protection and transactions
- advising on and handling trade mark infringements, and matters involving passing off, unfair competition and breach of confidential information
- advising on contentious and non-contentious design right and copyright matters
- handling advertising code complaints, domain name disputes and company name disputes
- conducting IP due diligences during mergers and acquisitions
- conducting IP audits
- negotiating and drafting various types of IP related contracts.
Lara is a member of the Law Society of England & Wales.
Lara is fluent in English, Italian and German.
- PgDip: Legal Practice Course (LPC), 1999 – 2000: College of Law, Guildford, UK
- Degree: LLB (Hons) Law, 1994 – 1998: University of Sussex, UK
- Law Society of England and Wales
- ACG (The Anti-Counterfeiting Group)
- FAST (Federation Against Software Theft)